Table of Contents
What is PMMA Flooring?
PMMA (Polymethyl Methacrylate) is a transparent thermoplastic synthetic resin. This plastic is an alternative to glass. PMMA is also known as acrylic, acrylic glass. PMMA is used for many different proposes especially in making products like as illuminated signs, craft and aircraft windows, building canopies, eyeglass lenses, car head and taillights, optical fibers, smartphone touchscreens and etc. It can also be used for a casting resin flooring (PMMA Flooring). PMMA was first brought to market in 1933 under the trademark Plexiglas and nowadays is also known as, Lucite, Perspex, Acrylate and others.
Under a process called acrylate resin casting, PMMA Liquid resin with a polymerization catalyst to produce a hardened, impermeable and strong object in any shape. So it is a good idea to use PMMA in industrial flooring instead of cement, concrete and although its alternative materials like as epoxy and polyurethane. One of the significant benefit of PMMA resin floors is its incredibly rapid cure/dry time while other material like as epoxy and polyurethane application time ranges between 3 to 4 days and their curing time requires an additional 2 days so 6 days is the minimum requirement in standard temperature. Our professional team can complete the work in an extremely limited amount of time and we achieve minimum disruption to product line and work place and eliminate any downtime for business.
Is PMMA a Resin?
PMMA stands for (polymathic methacrylate) (C5O2H8 n) is a transparent glass. PMMA has many different usages. It can be also used for resin flooring and because of many benefits of this material it is a good replace for other materials, below there are some advantage of PMMA:
- High resistance to impact and mechanical loads
- Friction resistant
- Age resistant
- Short closure schedules
- Meets all hygiene requirements
- Possibility to create slip resistant surface
- No joints, easy to clean surfaces
- Resistance to direct sunlight
- Possibility to create multi colored surfaces
- Seamless coving surface
- Superior Durability
- Rapid Cure Time
- Low maintenance
- Increased and compliance
- Non-Toxic, Recyclable and environment friendly
- Aesthetic pleasant
- Frost and de-icing salt resistant
- Will not corrode reinforcement steel
What is the use of PMMA?
PMMA (polymathic methacrylate) in addition of being used in resin flooring system is used in many different industrial, below you can find some of the usage of PMMA:
- PMMA is used in Construction industry for coating floors
- Residential and commercial aquariums are made from PMMA
- window of submarines and bathyscaphe Trieste and other viewing ports are made from PMMA
- The material to protect the Police Vehicles from thrown objects is PMMA
- PMMA is used in aircraft windows
- In medical technologies PMMA is used in various purposes
- Rigid intraocular lenses which are implanted in the eye is used from PMMA
- PMMA is commonly used in eyeglasses
- In dentistry particularly in the fabrication of dental prosthetics, artificial teeth, and orthodontic appliances PMMA is used.
- Although in Artistic and aesthetic PMMA is used